Sunday, December 23, 2012

Nostalgia: Vintage Christmas Card No. 8 Santa's Watching



Vintage Christmas Card No. 8 Santa's Watching

This postcard made me do a double take when I first saw it.  In the image Santa has what at first glance appear to be a very high tech set of binoculars, but after checking my dates, I can promise that it is some WWI technology being put to use for worldwide gift delivery--both greeting and the postmark validate it is 1923.



I feel like this image gives new meaning to "checking his list"!

The greeting below the image reads:

Merry Christmas

Here's for a Merry Christmas
The best in many a day.
May Santa scatter his blessings
Of joy along your way.


The message reads:

So. Seubee (?) Maine
December 18, 1923

Dear Evie with best wishes for a Merry Christmas
hoping you are well Your Aunt - J.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment