Thursday, December 20, 2012

Nostalgia: Vintage Christmas Card Countdown, No. 5 1950s Charming Christmas Card with Glitter


Vintage Christmas Card No. 5, 1950s Charming Christmas Card with Glitter

While not in my usual collecting style or era, I found this card and its images too charming to pass up after I discovered it in a box of postcards at Burning Bridge Antiques in Pennsylvania.

Based on the images and the font on the inside, I have placed it to be printed somewhere between 1948 and 1955, but I am not 100% certain of that.  It is one of my only cards that has a thermography-type glitter on it.



The inside reads:

On the same friendly day - In the same friendly way -
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

The card is signed Harry and Barry Falkenstine and I have a hunch that it may have been a business holiday card.

On the back is the logo of the Amalgamated Lithographers of America Local No. 1 New York.


No comments:

Post a Comment